A dynamic research team, under the leadership of Dr. Melanee Thomas at the University of Calgary, is seeking a postdoctoral fellow for an innovative project exploring the links between gender, stereotypes, and political attitudes. Additional information about the project can be obtained by contacting Dr. Thomas at email@example.com.
The postdoctoral fellowship would be funded through the University of Calgary Eyes High Postdoctoral fellowship program. The position pays $50,000/year plus benefits for two years, with a possibility of renewal. Support for research and travel is also available.
- PhD in Political Science or related field, or PhD completion prior to December 1, 2015.
- Demonstrated research expertise in gender, political behaviour, or political psychology.
- Advanced methodological skills in one or more of the following: survey research, experimental methods, quantitative content analysis, physiological testing.
- Ability to relocate to Calgary (in Alberta, Canada) as early as February 1, 2016.
- There are no citizenship restrictions, but immigration requirements may need to be met prior to appointment.
- Ability to read and write in French would be an asset, but not required.
- Final approval of the fellow rests with the University of Calgary’s Office of the Vice President Research.
- More information about postdoctoral fellows at the University of Calgary can be found here: http://ucalgary.ca/research/postdoc/future-postdocs.
Competition Closes November 2, 2015.
As early as February 1, 2016
Please send applications to Dr. Melanee Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org). All applicants should provide a current CV and a cover letter explaining their research plans and fit with the team by November 2, 2015.
The application should also arrange for two letters of recommendations to be sent directly to Dr. Melanee Thomas via email (email@example.com), with the applicant’s name in the subject line.